Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Birthday Surprise!


My doorbell rang yesterday and I was greeted with the most beautiful flowers! My amazing and thoughtful husband had sent me flowers on my birthday. It was so exciting. As I was gazing at them last night I could not help but behold their beauty. I was reminded of Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
These beautiful flowers that are so vibrant, and so alive at this moment cannot last forever. That is the sad part that comes along with enjoying flowers; their beauty does not last. Just as nothing on this earth ever will. However, we can look forward to eternity where nothing will ever fade away!

I hope you take the time to enjoy the beauty around you today, remembering the Maker of all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment