Friday, September 11, 2009

Alive Again

I had a wonderful time of worship on the treadmill this morning. The song "Alive Again" by Matt Maher came on the radio. I loved the words and wanted to share it with you.

Matt Maher says of his song, "'Alive Again' is my attempt to use language and music in the form of a pop song to re-create the moment when God reached in and grabbed my heart for the very first time. There's nothing more compelling than waking up in a dark world and knowing that God is fervently pursuing me and shouting my name -- even if, at first, I don't recognize His voice."

I love the words "you called and you shouted," I often find God calling and shouting to me when I let the busyness of life and my own selfish desires get in the way with my relationship with Him. I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This song is just beautiful and the part "you called and you shouted" made me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful song, ...thankyou so much for sharing it and your experience while using your treadmill...lol. =)

    ReplyDelete