Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy First Day of Fall!

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

I love this verse. Thinking about the seasons reminds me me of how there is a time and a season for everything under heaven. God is in control!




In honor of the first day of fall I have complied a list of the 20 things I love about fall!

1. The changing leaves (what beautiful colors!)
2. The nip in the air
3. The weather (cooler temperatures)
4. Fall scented candles (Pumpkin Vanilla from Yankee Candle is my newest fall scent)
5. Taking a trip to the pumpkin patch
6. Switching to Fall/Winter clothes (clothes you have not worn for awhile)
7. The smell of fireplaces when you go outside at night
8. The anticipation of the upcoming holidays
9. Fall decorations
10. Pumpkin Pie (with whip cream)
11. Hay rides
12. Football (not that I really watch), but fond memories of college football games
13. New shows are back on the networks (no more repeats)
14. Cozy sweaters, sweatshirts, hats, and scarves
15. Hot Chocolate and Hot Tea
16. Soups and stews (comfort food has returned)!
17. Thanksgiving food (need I saw more)!
18. Day after Thanksgiving shopping
19. putting up the Christmas tree/lights
20. ...and this year the anticipation of the arrival of our new baby boy in December!

I would love to hear what you love about fall. Feel free to add your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment