Tuesday, April 6, 2010

He's Alive!

"Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness...Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD." Psalm 150:1-2, 6 NIV

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. I did. It was a great day for me. Sunday service was probably the first time since Cooper was born that I was able to worship and enjoy the service without any distractions! I left service that morning feeling uplifted and encouraged.

I thought we would discuss what Easter means to us. This year Chris and I really tried to communicate the true meaning of Easter to Max. I'm not saying the "bunny," eggs and candy are bad. I just wanted to make sure that these were not the first thing Max would think of when he heard the word Easter.

To me Easter is a time to remember what Jesus did for us. Through Jesus we see the ultimate sacrifice of His life for each one of our lives. He paid the price so we would not have to. He did this so we can live forever with Him. All we have to do is simply believe that He is our Lord and Savior, and live for Him.

Easter is also a time to celebrate the miracle! He is Alive, ("Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him." Mark 16:5-7). I love that it is no coincidence that Easter happens at the start of spring when new life is witnessed in everything we see. The old is gone (winter), and the new has come (spring). Just like when we give our lives to Jesus we are a new creation. The old is gone!

Lastly, it is a time to ask myself if I'm doing my part? Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost. What is my job to help His message fulfilled? To tell others! A sweet friend who has been in ministry for many years recently told us (at a gathering) that in one of her first years of ministry a little boy came to her and motioned for her to bend down. He whispered in her ear on Easter morning, "He's Alive! Tell someone!" It gave me chills. Something so simple, but that is our mission here on this earth!

So, as you walk along the way remember this..."HE'S ALIVE, TELL SOMEONE." Please share any other thoughts you would like to share about Easter and what it means to you.

1 comment:

  1. Kate: I know that Chris is the pastor in your family... but I must tell you that you have a gift as well, to communicate (beautifully) powerful spiritual truths. I too, got chills when you shared about the little boy telling the woman, "He's alive! Tell someone!" Wow. I know that God is using you in amazing ways. Your beauty, your humble Spirit, your creativity, your knowledge and communicating skills... etc. I'm honored to call you friend. I'm so proud of you. much love, shelly finuf

    ReplyDelete