Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


As I sit back and reflect on the three years and 23 days (every day counts, right!) that I have been a mother I am first of all how amazed at how quickly it goes by. This was again reiterated to me the last few days as Chris, Max, Cooper and I spent time in Tishomingo, OK. We drove down to attend the celebration service of Chris' cousin Ryan's life. Ryan was only 33 years old when he passed away unexpectedly after marrying the love of his life in March (only a little over a month ago). The common theme that I heard was that those who knew and loved him best wished they would have been more intentional in being with Ryan.

This Mother's Day I think the greatest gift I could give myself would be to take this advice to heart, to be more intentional in the time I spend with my boys. I feel guilty as I think of all the times Max wants me to play with him and I will quickly rush through my time with him so I can get on to the next thing I need to do. This Mother's Day I am vowing to spend more time just "being" with my boys; focusing on them, playing with them, and loving on them. I challenge you to take more time and be intentional in the time you spend with your kids. For we do not know the Lord's plans nor how many days we have on this earth.

Happy Mother's Day...cherish every moment you have with your loved ones!

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment