Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Girls Gone Wise Book Blog Intro: Wild Thing

Here is the first book blog from Mary Kassian on Girls Gone Wise (you can view her comments about this introduction at the bottom of this post by clicking on the play button). She will be posting twice a week. This post is on the introduction chapter Wild Thing. The instructions are below. I have posted my responses to the first set of questions below.

Now it’s your turn:

  1. Read the Introduction of Girls Gone Wise, entitled “Wild Thing” (Pages 1-20)
  2. Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection
  3. Post your comments on the Blog.
  • What’s your definition of a Girl Gone Wild?
  • Do you think that women nowadays are wilder than they used to be?
  • Do you see any evidence of “wildness” in your own life?
  • What is required of us in order to withstand the pull to be wild?
Here is what I have to say about these questions. Feel free to post your responses to these questions. There is also discussion on Mary Kassian's blog site here.
1. My definition of a Girl Gone Wild is anyone who is relying on her own way (doing things on her own), rather than God's way and relying on God. I think every woman can fall into this category at some point (at different times of the day). It is important for me to remember not to rely on my own strength or on what I think I should do in a particular situation. I need to turn to God and ask Him to help me and turn to His Word to guide me. A Girl Gone Wild does not rely on God's Word to guide her conduct. To me this is the key of a girl gone wild and it can be found on page 17, "Wild is what we are whenever we disregard God and rely instead on the world's advice, or on what seems right in our own eyes."

2. Do you think that women nowadays are wilder than they used to be? My answer would be yes and no! I think woman have been wild since the beginning. We can see this as evidenced with Eve. She went against God and ate of the fruit. I think that being "wild" is more acceptable in our society today than it used to be. It is actually even viewed as attractive.

3. Do you see any evidence of "wildness" in your own life? I touched on this in the first question. There are times I try to do things my way without going to God and seeing how He would have me do them. This is wild too, not just the obvious women we see out there who are wild. I think it is important to recognize this as wild so we don't fall prey to thinking there is not "wildness" in our own lives. We must look to God and His word for guidance

4. What is required of us in order to withstand the pull to be wild? To know what it is to be wild is the first thing in helping to withstand the pull. When you know the characteristics and can then begin to see them when they start in your own life it will be easier to combat them. We must be in the Word to show us how we should live, and be in close commune with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment